- The enamel on the top surface on your tooth is the hardest part of your entire body.
- People who drink 3 or more glasses of soda each day have 62% more tooth decay, fillings and tooth loss than others.
- Your mouth produces over 25,000 quarts of saliva throughout your life. That’s enough to fill two swimming pools! Saliva protects your teeth from bacteria in your mouth.
- Many diseases are linked to your oral health, including heart disease, osteoporosis, and diabetes.
- Modern toothpaste has only been available for the past hundred years. Before this invention, humans used charcoal or ground chalk, ashes, lemon juice, and honey-tobacco mixtures to clean their teeth!