Although our team only helps human patients with their dental needs, we thought it would be fun to share with you some unique animal dental facts about our friends in the animal kingdom.
Dental Facts To Sink Your Teeth Into!
- Coming in at 74 teeth, the giant armadillo is the land mammal with the most teeth.
- This fact is for you University of Michigan fans! Wolverines have specialized sideways molars that can tear into frozen solid meat.
- Although smaller than a pinhead, a snail’s mouth can contain over a whopping 25,000 teeth.
- Squirrels front teeth never stop growing which makes them the perfect tools for biting on nuts.
- Koala Bears have special cheek teeth that can help grind tough eucalyptus leaves.
- Dogs rarely get cavities due to having a very high PH level in their mouth that helps to prevent demineralization of tooth enamel.
Share these fun facts with your favorite animal lover at home to help encourage good dental habits. Maybe you can help your favorite little one at home search out a few facts about our own teeth!