Protecting your tooth enamel is key to avoiding cavities and keeping your teeth healthy. Your tooth enamel can be weakened by:
- Eating too many sugary or acidic foods
- Dry mouth
- Acid reflux
- Excessive vomiting
- Brushing your teeth too forcefully
- Teeth grinding
In light of these potential dangers to your tooth enamel, here are a few tips for protecting it:
- Cut back on acidic foods and drinks. When you do have them, have them with a meal or rinse your mouth with water afterwards.
- Use a soft toothbrush.
- Wait an hour before brushing after consuming acidic foods and drinks.
- Use a toothpaste and mouthwash that have fluoride in them.