At this most busy time of year, it’s easy to get wrapped up in our T0-Do lists and forget to take time to care for ourselves. Dental care is one piece of the healthcare picture. Remembering to take care of all aspects of our physical and emotional health is important for our overall wellbeing. Give yourself the gift of self-care this holiday season by just taking a few small steps to ensure you stay healthy and feel good as we head into the new year!
Enjoy Moments of Self-Care
Taking the time to prioritize your physical, mental, and emotional health – even if in small moments – promotes good health.
- Find just one small way each day to care for yourself – it could be as simple as using your favorite scented hand lotion for a moment of calm, a quiet walk to decompress after a long and busy day, or settling under a cozy blanket with your favorite book, music, or program.
- Getting active is a great way to release holiday stress and feel physically good. Whether yoga, dancing, exercising, or strolling looking at holiday lights, movement is great to clear your head and boost your energy.
- Indulging in holiday treats is easy this season so make a conscious effort to eat healthy foods when you can. Remember, healthy can also be delicious!
- Finding time to rest when your tasks seem endless may seem impossible but even taking just a few moments to find a quiet spot to think, reflect, or close your eyes can help you reset.
- Taking time to connect with family and friends is a bit easier this time of year with so many holiday festivities. Try to maximize what truly brings you joy this time of year. Whether you cook or order out, stay home and invite friends in or go somewhere to celebrate, spending time with loves ones is a great stress reliever and mood lifter.
Give yourself the gift of self-care this holiday season if one of the best things you can do for your healthcare!