Although it may not feel like it, prom season is almost here. Tuxedoes, dresses, corsages, and prom-posals will soon be on the mind of high school students nationwide. And pictures, so many pictures. So get ready to say “Cheese!” and strike a pose with these photo-taking tips.
- Clean, Simple Background – Whether indoors or outdoors, keep your background simple. The background is just that, the main focus should be your couple or group.
- Lighting – Position your subject away from direct sunlight when outdoors to avoid squinting and too much backlighting.
- Flash Photography – In general, avoid using a flash indoors to avoid harsh shadows. Available light is best.
- One Camera at a Time – To avoid having your prom couples looking in three different directions, have your subjects look at one camera at a time. If one parent has a high-quality SLR camera, have them take the lead and then other parents can step in to take the shot with smart devices.
- The More, the Merrier – Take multiple shots of one pose, especially if there are more people in the shot. You have a better chance of catching everyone smiling and looking at the camera directly at the camera with more than one take.
- Know Your Subject – It’s fun to get creative. Once you have the standard couple and group shots, have the kids weigh in on how they’d like to pose. Think of things they love and consider props and poses that really speak to who they are.
- Relax and Have Fun – Take a few unsuspecting photos to catch your subjects in the moment.
The most important thing to remember is to enjoy the moment! If your student is looking to spruce things up for all those prom photos in their near future, consider a Zoom! Teeth Whitening session! From April 1st to May 31st, we’re offering special Prom Season pricing of $249 for all 16-18-year-olds with parent permission. Plus the existing $50 rebate, you can schedule a prom season whitening session for only $199! Call us at 248-852-3130 to schedule a session today.